Apr 11, 2011

accent wall

a local engineering firm recently hired me to do some "minimal sprucing"
to a few areas of their office. we started with the entry.
 i don't use  accent walls very often, but in this case it was the
perfect solution to bring in some color to the space, but still allow the
companies logo, on the adjacent wall, to take center stage.
before:
(sorry, this may be the worst, most blurry before picture ever...)

 what was done:
removed the vintage cabinet and large vintage map 
(to be placed in another area of the office),
and removed the two small framed pieces.
we moved up some great photos that were downstairs in the office, painted the wall, and replaced the two smaller framed pieces with one larger one, containing the companies mission statement.
these simple, and minimal cost changes resulted in  a more modern, 
sophisticated feel to the entry vestibule.
the paint color is:
sherwin williams 6208
pewter green
(isn't it pretty?)

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! SO much better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! The color on the accent wall made all the difference. This weekend I purchased Halcyon Green (6213) from Sherwin Williams. They have the best colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done!

    nataliemack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color is perfect and I love how the frames create a great visual line to draw you in and put all the attention on the logo. job well done Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I love the color.....how come you never came down? Or did I miss ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that was trippy... I just walked through this entryway to get to the computer I'm using. Seeing it pop up on my RSS feed was like entering the Matrix. :)

    I started following your blog from Remodelaholic, which I follow because my wife and I were friends with Justin & Cassity up in Logan. I now work for CRS engineers and just moved to the Salt Lake office in time to see some of the redecorating going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color!!! Like the modern feel of the office!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely pretty! Brilliant presto change-o. I like the way the horizonal uniform placement of the new prints brings you into the building. Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done simple and very effective!

    ReplyDelete